Change to Hosted Videos
Any video links that contain http://drm.iriseducation.org as part of the address will no longer work as of September 30, 2016 and will need to be updated. New links are available in the library catalogue. Please update your documents or D2L pages before September 30, 2016, with the new links.
If you are experiencing difficulties obtaining the new links please contact email@example.com or call 403.284.8431 for assistance.
If you have a large number of these links in your course plan, please contact your Library liaison who can assist you.
Films on Demand Tutorials
These tutorials from the vendor cover some of the features of Films on Demand.
- Tutorial for using playlists
- Tutorial for sharing playlists
- Integrating videos into D2L
- Other tutorials
Issues with Embedded Links
There appears to be an issue with Windows 7 that prevents access to Films on Demand videos when the link is clicked from a document.
If at any time when using or searching for materials on the Films on Demand site you see the following image:
Please change your browser to Firefox and attempt your access again.
If the problem remains, or Firefox is not available at your workstation, try the following:
- Ensure your pop-up blocker is disabled (in Internet Explorer got to Tools> Internet Options> Privacy.
Ensure that the check box is not selected).
- Go to e-Resources: Videos
- Click on Films on Demand link on the page. You may be asked to log in, using your SAIT ID and Library PIN, if you see the following page:
- Open a new Browser tab.
- Copy the link of the video you would like to see from the document or information you have been provided.
- Paste the link into the address bar of the new tab. You should see the video image on your screen and be able to play the video.
Please email Library AV Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you encounter further issues with accessing digital streamed video materials.